Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Life happens....

Well, today may just be a particular challenge and I am posting on here just because I know I need the accountability...

I will begin by by telling the story of yesterday. So, my sweet girls were quietly playing in their room while I was cleaning the kitchen after lunch and then it occurred to me. They really are playing quietly. This is NEVER a good thing at our house at this age. So, I walked down the hall to find Caeli with a tube of toothpaste in her mouth sucking down the contents. What??? how on earth did she get that??? Cherith proceeded to tell me she had gotten it down from the high shelf to brush her teeth. So with a flury of frustration, fury, worry, nervouseness and so many other emotions, I start reading a bazillion websites. and ended in calling poison control. I knew she hadn't gotten very much because the tube was almost empty to begin with and there was a little left in the tube. ( the girls at this time, knowing Mommy was worried were quietly sitting beside me as commanded. I think I scared the living daylights out of them)

Anyhow, poison control said not to worry she would be fine and give her some milk. Which I did. they went to bed and she started complaining about a belly ache. So, I brought her into our room since we were still awake and wanted to keep an eye on her.. about 20 min later the puking began and continued the entire night. about every 20 min. poor baby.( I called the ER at this time and they said it would just have to run it's course no need to take her in.) Well Cherith then woke up and she saw Caeli puking and well you know how that goes. So I ended up cleaning up double puke a few times. finally around 7 Justin got up for work and watched the girls for me for a few min. rest and then my mom came up and watched them for about an hour so I could get a little sleep. Thank you, Mom!

So here I am one cup of coffee down ( again, thank you Mom for making me coffee) and another brewing but determined I am still going to try my hardest to stay on track. That is hard for me because when I am tired I want to eat sweet
s- sugar- chocolate.... it makes me feel better for the moment. So my very simple goal today? self control. I can do this. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. :)

because she's so sweet :)

No comments: