Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Friends

Over the course of my life I have been blessed with some very good friends. Friends I knew I could count on that invested time in me and I in them. Friends who love me in spite of my VERY many faults and who push me to look to God first and allow Him to work in my life. I have had friends who God has used to get me through some very hard times in my life. I can't begin to say how much I value them. It is these people who have taught me what it truly means to be a friend to sacrifice of yourself for someone else.
A few things I have learned along the way:
It is impossible to be a friend to someone you don't know.
You don't have to have everything in common to be a friend- you just have to be yourself!
Friendship takes time- it is an investment but can be soo worth while.
Friendship requires vulnerability and trust- neither are easy.
Last but not least, a true friend pushes you to know God and love Him first with all your heart. Without God at the center, it is impossible to experience the true joy of a real friendship.

No comments: