Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's Time to shed the baby weight

So, I know no one really follows this blog which is just fine by me, but I though I would start using it again but with a different purpose.
Being the mom of 3 kids within 19 months left me.... well... a little puffy around the edges. Till now I have hardly had the sanity (time) to begin loosing weight/ toning up but now, my kids are of a "helping age" and able to somewhat do things on there own such as eat, get dressed and sleep through the night ( most of the time anyway). So, for me, it is time to think about finding ways to be more healthy and feel more comfortable aka drop several lbs.

I have looked up several different options of how to stay accountable. Unfortunately, weight watchers does not fit into our budget so I have had think of some other form of accountability. First, I finally told someone ( my mom) how much I weighed. This was really hard for me because I am neither happy nor comfortable sharing that number. The need for accountability, however, outweighed my shame of "the number", so finally someone knows. Second, I am posting on this blog. I am going to try to be faithful about my struggles, success and failures here. I know I need that accountability, encouragement in order to succeed. Finally I have a plan and hopefully I am sticking to it.  I am going to try to follow a weight watchers type plan. I know I have 26 pts to use every day. I am going to try to post my recipes and ideas for staying in this goal while feeing my family. I am also going to have to work on a form of exercise which brings me to another point......

I really dislike exercise for exercise sake... its boring, I hate getting sweaty and time is not on my side. That being said, I know it is going to be a necessary part of my day if this is going to work, so I am going to find creative, fun ways to burn calories and get in good physical shape. Who knows? maybe I will learn to love working out!

Last but definitely not least I am sharing this blog with a few people. People who I know will encourage me and who I know love me. I need their encouragement, advice and support!

And so begins the journey......

No comments: