Thursday, June 9, 2011

God's Blessings

Working full time as a home based rep for an insurance company, mothering and being the wife of a youth pastor keeps me on my toes all the time. Sometimes, there are days when Justin and I see each other only to say good night. Admittedly, there are times when I want to throw in the towel and give up- maybe find a deserted island somewhere to “veg” for a while. It seems like it is always those times when God brings a particular special blessing my way. I am not talking specifically about a monetary blessing (although sometimes it may come in that form) but a blessing that reminds me why I agreed take on all these responsibilities. Sometimes the blessing comes in the form one of the twins saying mama lolu and wrapping their chubby little arms around my neck sometimes it is a note from a friend saying they are praying for me. Still other times it is one of the teens getting saved or giving their life to God. Sometimes it is God providing for a need or even a want in some unexpected way where you know He was the only one who could work it out. I have grown to love each and every one of these moments. In Luke 2:19 it says “But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.” I often feel like this when one of those moments comes along. I try to write them down in my journal so when difficult days come I can still “count my blessings and name them one by one.” God is so good to remind us of His loving care. He alone makes it all worthwhile! Just thought I would share my heart and how God has encouraged me. What has God used to encourage you?

No comments: