Wednesday, August 27, 2008

For some reason I seem to suffer writers block all the time. I get these great ideas in my head and then I sit at the computer and nothing comes out..... Well, tonight I am determined to get through the "writers block" so I can share something with you. I would like to begin by quoting a verse from one of my favorite hymns because the truth of it brings into perspective what I would like to share with you. It says,

When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me
of the guilt within Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end to all my sin

Because the sinless Savior died my sinful
soul is counted free For God the Just is
satisfied to look on Him and pardon me

Every time I think of this song I am deeply moved by the truth of it's statement. Christ has put an end to my sin.
Sometimes, I feel so trapped by my sinfulness. I sympathize so much with Romans chapter seven where Paul talks about feeling bound by the sinful nature that is still in him. Sometimes it feels as though try as I might I cannot release myself from my sinfulness and the more I try the more I get bound by it. It seems as though it is hopeless. And I am here to tell you that trying to free myself from that sin IS hopeless because I can't. I cry out with Paul
"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? "Romans 7:24 But, I am so thankful that the story does not end with me and my failure, but continues "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2
God has set us free. I praise God with all my heart tonight as I sit and dwell on this thought. God, in His Amazing Grace has chosen to look at me through his perfect Son Jesus Christ instead of as the wretched sinner that I am. Gods love is so great that He forgives all my selfishness, my pride and all the horrible things that I am and looks instead at the beautiful righteousness of Christ. How can I do anything but praise His name when I realize what I am before Him? How can I do anything else on earth but humble myself before Him and strive with all my heart to please Him? How can I sit here and be apathetic to Him when I truly realize what He has really done for me? You see, He has done so much more than just save me from hell. He has loved me enough to put his Son's perfect righteousness to my account and to conform me to His image. I am amazed as I think about how great God's goodness and mercy is to take me as uglified by sin as I am and clothe me with the beauty of Jesus Christ, His Son who He sent to settle my debt. As I end I think of one more verse I would like to share, I John 3:2-3 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." One day we will be like Christ. Satan no longer has a hold on us. My debt has been settled through Christ death on the cross, and now God the Just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me.

No comments: